Saturday, January 29, 2011

Las Vegas Cruise Spots For Gay Me

From Arabia to Sicula

Who does not know Stefania ? Maybe if I call the Arabs recognize better? I have already confessed (and forgiven) my little peccadillo publicly against it. But thanks to our contest, I discovered that in addition to the name and passion for the kitchen, we have a lot of things in common (see the smiling pictures of our profiles, the warm Mediterranean sun-Arab who gives them, the difficulties with the rabbit and cabbage, and, not least the non-love coffee). Sure, she's made up and I do not, you can take a ride on a camel when I want and no, she lives with a cat and I did not, she is (or seems) very thin, I just do not seem to but not are not, you speak Arabic and I know hardly healthy (or perhaps I can order a pound of salam ?) and more ...... Now I want to fully redeem her, I dedicate this post to all the winds and trumpeting the goodness of the magnificent dinner prepared A few days ago with products Arabs who sent me. Be careful, I did a menu Arab (absolutely do not know where to start), I just used the spices in my own way that you sent me.


ducts bresaola mousse zathar
Very easy dried beef slices filled with ricotta mousse in Philadelphia and in equal parts, to which I added the / the (? ) zathar, a mix of spices (marjoram, caraway, sesame, cardamom ...) taste very special. Serve on a bed of arugula and tomato (very seasonal, eh?)

Grissini's dough with olives

This I have not prepared her gifts, but I got the recipe from her blog (found here ) . I found them delicious, fotoscenici and really easy to do.


Sfizi with the yeast and zathar sumak


I followed a recipe Simili, they suggested to reuse the remains of refreshing yeast . I've flavored with him / the (?) Zathar. Here is the recipe for the crackers, suggested to me by Cristina , known to friend and Adriano during Paoletta .

300 g of yeast cooled the night before

60 g soft butter 30 g lard

250 g flour 120 g water

50 g of sesame seeds or poppy seeds or toasted fennel (optional, I used the / lo zathar)

all work until a smooth dough and let rise 3 hours or 4. Pull the dough very thin (mine are a little Cicciotti) and cut into squares with holes in the prongs of a fork. In oven 190° per 10 minuti. Se si decide di inserire i semi di sesamo o finocchi, vanno messi nell'impasto (io li ho messi sopra). Per evitare che spostando nella teglia la pasta già sagomata, prima della cottura, i pezzi si allunghino, è meglio stenderla in teglia intera su carta forno e sagomarla soltanto dopo.

Con i ritagli, invece, ho realizzato delle treccine che ho insaporito con il sumak, ovvero polvere di chicchi di melograno essiccati.


Hummus

Forse il più conosciuto delle preparazioni arabe. Si tratta di una crema di ceci cui si aggiunge il Tahine, una pasta sesame. At the suggestion of Rosy, I italianised with some cubes of crispy bacon

For 6 persons: 200 gr
chickpeas (I used those pre-cooked in the can, though normally it should be assumed by dried chickpeas cooked with water and salt)
oil garlic salt and pepper
3 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
some cubes of bacon (my own addition, it will NOT be in the original)
lemon juice

Drain the beans and transfer to skillet with olive oil and garlic to flavor up. Blend with lemon juice until creamy not too dense (I have also added a little water) and the sesame paste. If you want to do like me, add some diced bacon fried, so Enjoy it otherwise.
I've served with slices of bread with yeast (recipe coming soon)



muffins Zathar
Always with him / the (?) Zathar I flavor of these muffins, as Stephen just advised to use it in this way. The dough is the same as white bread, then the recipe will come in the next few days.

Bon Appetit! Stefania

0 comments:

Post a Comment